Join us for Burning River Fest 2013 on July 26-27, 6-11pm!
Since 2001, folks from all over the Great Lakes region have come together to remember the 1969 burning of the Cuyahoga River and celebrate the renewed sense of eco-consciousness the infamous fire sparked. Intended to raise awareness of environmental issues affecting the Great Lakes region and Cuyahoga River ecosystem, the annual Burning River Fest features educational exhibits from area environmental groups, fresh food from local farms and eateries, live music, and a special appearance by Great Lakes Brewing Company’s® Christmas Ale™!
Highlights from Burning River Fest 2012:
- Over 25 bands and musicians on three stages bringing funk, blues, rock, and more to the shore
- Local environmental groups featuring interactive and educational displays for all ages, including Baldwin Wallace University's Instrument Petting Zoo and Whole Foods Market's "Art On Wheels" recycled art booth
- Fresh, all-natural local food and chef demonstrations, plus handcrafted beer by Great Lakes Brewing Company.
- A Corporate Boat Float featuring boats made from post-consumer recyclable materials
- The most spectacular nighttime views of Cleveland from a wonderful greenspace right in the heart of Cleveland’s industry
- A ceremonial lighting of floating pyres intended to commemorate the efforts to clean up our waterways since the burning of the Cuyahoga.
Proceeds benefit the Burning River Foundation, a local non-profit organization that provides resources for the sustainable future of our waterways, which has donated over $320,000 to date.
GOOD CHEER. GOOD CAUSE. GOOD BEER.